Mental Health Links for Mindful Moments
While I have created Mindful Moments as an addition to my own personal wellbeing toolkit I also hope it helps other people. While I am in a place now where I can find the positives it hasn’t always been this way. With this in mind I have decided to compile a list of Mental Health Links where people can access support and information.
I have been able to access support from amazing charities, in both personal and professional contexts. They will be include here, with a little on what they do. I will have missed important charities and support agencies though, purely because I am not aware of them. Please contact Mindful Moments with any requests for additions.
General Mental Health
- Mind– We provide advice and support to empower anyone experiencing a mental health problem. We campaign to improve services, raise awareness and promote understanding.
- Rethink Mental Illness-We work tirelessly to transform the lives of everyone severely affected by mental illness, and how our nation approaches mental illness. We provide over 200 services, 140 local support groups and run campaigns that bring about real change.
- Samaritans-Every year, we answer more than 5 million calls for help via our unique 24-hour listening service, email, letter, face to face and through our Welsh language service.
- SAMH -Around since 1923, SAMH is Scotland’s national mental health charity.
Specialist Support Agencies
- Pineapple Support- Your Safe Word–Pineapple Support Society is a free support and therapy service for all persons working in the online adult industry – no matter their gender, ethnic origin, social status, age or sexual orientation.
- Rape Crisis England and Wales– Rape Crisis England & Wales (RCEW) is a feminist organisation that supports the work of Rape Crisis Centres across England and Wales. We also raise awareness and understanding of sexual violence and abuse in all its forms.
- Beat- Eating Disorders– Beat is the UK’s eating disorder charity. Founded in 1989 as the Eating Disorders Association, our mission is to end the pain and suffering caused by eating disorders. Eating disorders are serious mental illnesses that ruin and, too often, take lives.
- PTSD UK– currently the only charity in the UK dedicated to raising awareness of post-traumatic stress disorder – no matter the trauma that caused it.
- Pink Therapy-the UK’s largest independent therapy organisation working with gender and sexual diversity clients.
- Intercom Trust– Intercom Trust is a lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community resource covering the South West UK.
The Helplines Partnership provides an incredible resource for finding the UK based helpline that meets your needs.